Six millimetre wide-angle lens
Tamron, a manufacturer of industrial optics, has launched a 6mm wide-angle lens in its series of fixed-focal lenses, the M112FM. This lens, designated M112FM06, has been designed to support the latest large-format imaging sensors up to 1/1.2-inch with pixel sizes from 3.45µm.
The new M112FM06 ultra-wide angle offers these benefits for machine vision applications:
- Large sensor support: Specific design for sensors of up to 1/1.2-inch optical format with a 5.86µm pixel-pitch with no vignetting in the edges;
- High resolution: The five-megapixel M112FM06 supports the latest 3.45µm pixels in a 2/3-inch sensor format. It also provides high contrast with an Iris Range F/2.8 to 16;
- Low distortion: Less than 1.99 per cent distortions at a maximum horizontal angle of 93.1º;
- Advanced coating technology: Superb optical permeability for crisp, clear images.
- Ideal for tight spaces: Compact form factor of this wide-angle C-mount lens with 54.3mm from tip of lens to rear case (36.8mm from tip of lens to camera case);
- Recessed locking screws allow for the integration in more compact enclosures in harsh environments (standard knurled locking screws are included). Lock screw positions have been increased from three to four for easier access in tight machine spaces;
- Metal barrel for ruggedness and increased torque for more reliable adjustment;
- As with all Tamron lenses, the M112FM06 features adherence to Tamron’s strict quality standards.