DepthVista time of flight camera
e-con Systems™, a leading embedded camera company, launches DepthVista – a Time of Flight (ToF) camera that comes with a combination of a ToF depth sensor for depth measurement and the AR0234 color global shutter sensor from Onsemi for object identification.
DepthVista is a high-resolution depth camera that is capable of capturing 640×480 depth maps at a frame rate of 30 fps. This allows autonomous mobile robots and guided vehicles to perceive their environment and navigate safely. One of the notable features of DepthVista is that it does not require ambient illumination for optimal performance, making it suitable for systems operating in low light or even complete darkness. Furthermore, the depth calculation is performed in the camera itself, eliminating the need for it to be performed on the application side. This reduces computational load and provides a ready-to-use frame with the necessary depth information.
“Depth sensing is an important attribute for the next generation devices to see and understand the world in 3-dimensional perspective. Having depth data in addition to regular 2-dimensional RGB image throws up lot of opportunities in not only new age applications of robotic arms, autonomous mobile robots etc but also in traditional applications of patient/people monitoring or biometric authentication, where the additional depth attribute solves the hitherto unresolved problems and throws up lot of exciting new disruptive use cases. Having launched our first depth sensing camera in 2012, e-con has been committed with 3d cameras and DepthVista is our first iTOF( indirect Time-of-Flight) depth camera that offers 3d depth information, IR image and corresponding RGB image, all in a single compact form-factor. DepthVista will be the right camera for all applications requiring 3d sensing and our customers can benefit from our customization capabilities to customize the Depth/IR/RGB imaging from a single device based on their application requirements.” said Ashok babu, President at e-con Systems™.
Key features of DepthVista:
- Depth and RGB stream in a single frame: Allow for object recognition as well as depth measurement in a single frame.
- No need for ambient lighting: Suitable for systems that operate in low light or even total darkness
- Depth calculation within camera: Eliminating the need to perform it on the application side, which reduces computational overhead.
- Depth with high resolution: Capturing a 640x480 depth map at 30 fps allows autonomous vehicles and robots to accurately perceive their surroundings for navigation and object recognition.
- Far mode and close-range mode: Offers a maximum and minimum range of 6 meters and 0.2 meter respectively.
A combination of the features mentioned above makes DepthVista suitable for applications such as
- Autonomous mobile robots like warehouse robots, and service robots
- Robotic arms
- Autonomous guided vehicles
- People counting in Retail Analytics
- Face recognition based anti-spoofing devices
- Patient care/Patient monitoring